Start: 03/16/2015 End:03/22/2015
Difficulty: A strenuous hike with lots of elevation gain and loss into untouched beaches and lush valleys.
From the creators of last year’s GUIDES GONE WILD SPRING BREAK TRIP comes the next generation SC Outfitters Spring Break experience: backpacking along the Na Pali coast in Hawaii. Marvel at serene, virgin coastline along this 22 mile trip through rainforests, valleys and cliff sides. Work on your tan while you lounge on one of the world’s most secluded beaches!
The trip cost covers all transportation from USC to Hawaii and back, meals, snacks, taxes and permitting fees. Additionally, if you need any gear we will try our hardest to equip you! We can personally guarantee you that no other trip you will take this semester will be as badass as this one (or offer as many Facebook profile picture opportunities). Sign up today!
Meet: Trojan Grounds Early Morning TBA
Return: Late Saturday night or early Sunday morning
Pre-Trip Meeting: March 4th, 9:00 pm at Ground Zero
Cost: $1,400.00 for Members ($1,500 for Non-Members)
- Large-capacity (70+ liters) backpack (we can help supply you with one if you don’t have one)
- Sleeping pad
- Warm sleeping bag (we can help supply you with one if you don’t have one)
- Waterproof boots
- Bowl with a closing lid and utensil
- Clothing (recommendations below)*
- Synthetic shirt for hiking in
- Fleece top
- Pants/shorts to hike in
- Three pairs of socks (one to hike in, one to stay always dry in sleeping bag)
- Sun protection
- Rain protection
- Rain jacket
- Rain pants (optional, but not a bad idea)
- Trekking poles if you have bad knees
- Personal toiletries (no deodorant!)
- Capacity for 4 (IMPORTANT) liters of water (4 Nalgenes, 2 Nalgenes and a 2 liter bottle, etc.)
SC Outfitters will supply tarp-style tents, stoves, pots, meals/snacks, water purification, first aid, and all other items considered group gear.
*We are looking for ways to lower the price of this trip for you through university funding.