Start: 03/09/2019 End:02/17/2019
Activity: Backpacking, swimming with dolphins and eating fruit
Difficulty: 7 - Strenuous backpacking in wet, muddy conditions. Also beach lounging. It's a mixed bag.
Spring Break plans??? Cancel them! WE’RE GOING TO HAWAII!
Circumnavigate the Big Island with us! We will be road tripping and backpacking through Hawaii hitting some major spots like Waimanu Valley, ‘Akaka Falls, Volcanoes National Park and much much more! These plans are weather permitting, so get ready to be as a flexible as an Olympic gymnast.
– Cost of the trip includes the round-trip flights
– We’ll spend most of the week backpacking in Waimanu Valley but definitely making our way around the ENTIRE island
– We’ll be flying back Sunday LATE 🙂
– Guides: Whitney Yost (email@example.com) and Arthur Johnston (firstname.lastname@example.org). Feel free to contact us with any questions!
– Deadline to apply is Sunday February 17th
*Because the trip is very strenuous, please apply first!!!
LINK TO APPLY: https://goo.gl/forms/RKzhM8Tuu2gRWJEr1
Meet: 7:00am on Saturday
Return: Back to USC by 12:00am
Pre-Trip Meeting: First *mandatory* meeting midday Tuesday, 2/19
Cost: Member: $1,155 Non-Member: $1,444
What to bring:
- Large-capacity (70+ liters) backpack (we can help supply you with one if you don’t have one)
- Sleeping pad
- Warm sleeping bag (we can help supply you with one if you don’t have one)
- Waterproof boots
- Bowl with a closing lid and utensil
- Clothing (recommendations below)*
- Synthetic shirt for hiking in
- Fleece top
- Pants/shorts to hike in
- Three pairs of socks
- Sun protection
- Rain protection
- Rain jacket
- Rain pants (optional, but not a bad idea)
- Trekking poles if you have bad knees
- Personal toiletries (no deodorant!)
- Capacity for 4 (IMPORTANT) liters of water (4 Nalgenes, 2 Nalgenes and a 2 liter bottle, etc.)
- Swimsuit, board shorts (75˚F water