Start: 05/02/2015 End:05/04/2015
Activity: Backpacking, hot springing
Difficulty: Difficult; over 5,000ft elevation gain/loss. 10 miles in, 10 miles out (20 total). Backpacking experience suggested.
STOP days are here and we’re gonna START getting down when we head up to Big Sur for some sick backpacking, hot springing, mountain adoring, soul sharing, tofurkey eating, slow jamming.
Join us–the Terror Squad– as we lean back and boom bap our way to Big Sizzurp. That is, we’ll have some kicking tunes on the ride up Saturday afternoon/evening and a challenging but achievable hike Sunday and Monday in beautiful Big Sur Ventana Wilderness (with some smelly but unbelievable hot spring waiting for us). Jack Kerouac was wrong to write poorly of this place. JK I never read Jackie K. I don’t know what he said about it. I’m uncultured.
Meet: Meeting Saturday at 2PM
Return: Monday (stop day!) evening: ~8PM
Pre-Trip Meeting: Nada
- backpacking backpack (we’ll rent to you if you need it!)
- boots made for walkin’ (hiking up and down mountains and through rivers!)
- something to hot spring in (yeeeeee)
- layers! jacket, hat, pants, extra socks (could be in the 40s at night)
- warm sleeping bag and a sleeping mat (…could be in the 40s at night)
- sun protection if you’re a burner (or just have common sense)
- mess kit
- good music for the car (or study materials if you’re into that)
- ghost stories to scare Connor