Start: 04/13/2013 End:04/14/2013
Activity: Basecamping, Hiking
Crystal Cove State Park is an excellent location to escape the LA smog for the weekend. Located not too far away, in Laguna Beach, the park has both wide sand beaches and tidepools as well as sloping hills and wooded canyons. Come join us as we explore the 3.2 miles of beach and over 2,400 acres of backcountry wilderness in a relaxing weekend at a beautiful location. We’ll spend a lot of time relaxing at the beach, as well as taking a decent hike inland through the woods.
Meet: Meet 8:00a outside TroGro / Starbucks / Birnkrant
Return: Back at USC by 5:00pm on Sunday
- Normal Backpack
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad (can be provided)
- Water bottles
- Something to eat with (tupperware/plate and fork)
- Shoes with good ankle support
- Extra clothes (warm layers? rain gear?)
- Personal kit – toothbrush, toothpaste, lip balm, sunscreen, meds, etc.
- Your waiver!