Start: 03/30/2013 End:03/31/2013
Activity: Backpacking, Swimming, Slipping & Sliding
Difficulty: Strenuous (12 miles+ in 2 days with steep inclines)
Have decent level of fitness. Experience backpacking is good, but not necessary.
We’re going to Cleveland National Forest just outside San Diego to explore a dynamic duo of SoCal waterfalls: Three Sisters Falls and Cedar Creek Falls.
Two wonderful, wily, wacky, waffling waterfalls linked up by a tremendous, twisting, turning, tasteful trail. We’ll do a short “day hike” to one set of falls and frolic around, then backpack to the other set of falls and set up camp overnight, then wake up and frolic in the other falls some more, and then backpack back to the vehicles. The preceding use of the word ‘frolic’ alludes to great amounts of fun associated with enjoying the flowing water, which might or might not include gliding down a 100+ foot natural water-slide, floating around in swimming holes, enjoying serene views, and achieving Nirvana.
This trek will be pretty arduous: involving steep elevation inclines and distance lugging backpacks, but it will also be unbelievably fun. This trek will rock your socks. But above all, as a backpacking trek, it will be a truly great bonding experience. By the end, we’ll all be fallin’ for each other. Guaranteed.
Meet: TBA AM Saturday Mar 30
Return: ~7:00 PM Sunday Mar 31
Pre-Trip Meeting: TBA
- *WATER, H2O, Agua, Eau, Das Wasser, воды, 水, 물, etc. (Capacity to carry 4 Liters Minimum)
- *Backpack: Has capacity to fit all of your water/stuff+more
- *Sleeping Bag (stuff sack) + Ground Pad
- *Hiking Boots Or Very Sturdy Shoes
- *Clothes: layer up–>Comfortable clothes to hike in, warm clothes for night, extras if things get wet.
- Sturdy Gloves: For scrambling
- Eatery (cup or bowl+spoon/fork reusable)
*Indicates An Essential