Start: 09/30/2012 End:09/30/2012
Activity: Night Hike
Difficulty: Strenuous. 16 miles with about 4,000' elevation gain.
Who is ready to conquer the highest peak in Orange County?! Rage hard Saturday, because you’ll have plenty of time to sleep in because we’re going up this baby at night.
BOOM. Come join Adam and Connor as we make the trek up to Santiago Peak via the Holy Jim trail. We’ll be leaving USC Sunday afternoon and starting up the trail around sunset. We’ll hit the peak, and have plenty of time for some panoramic views before heading down the mountain under the full moon. Good times will be had. Good friends will be made.
This trip will cover a lot of miles, and its night, so please only sign-up if you’re confident of your abilities! Trust us, this trip will be awesome.
Meet: Meet 2:00 PM Sunday, at Trojan Grounds (TroGro)
Return: LATE Sunday night
If you have any questions on the packing list, please let Connor know (email@example.com).
- Daypack (backpack, large enough to fit 3 liters of water, layers, snacks, and a headlamp)
- Capacity for 3 liters of water (doesn’t matter if its a Camelbak, water bottles, etc.)
- Layers (we’ll be starting out when it’s hot, but you will need a jacket because it will be cold by the time you come down the mountain). I’d recommend a short sleeve shirt and a jacket of some sort.
- Headlamp and extra batteries, because it sucks to run out of light on the trail.
- Snacks, of your choosing.
- Hiking boots or running shoes. Not Sperry’s. Not Jack Purcell’s, etc. Seriously. We won’t let you on the trip if you don’t have proper footwear. It’s a long hike.
- YOUR AWESOME PERSONALITY.