Start: 11/11/2016 End:11/12/2016
Activity: Car Camping, dayhiking
Difficulty: Strenuous- hiking roughly 16 miles thru the desert on Saturday
- 1 weekend
- 1 nudist colony
- 1 night of camping
- 2 days of desert fun
- 8 abandoned railroad trestles
- 12 railroad tunnels
In what is likely a SC Outfitters first, this hike begins in a nudist colony. From there, the excitement only picks up as we proceed miles through tunnels and trestles to the granddaddy of all trestles- the Goat Canyon Trestle. Over 600 feet long and 200 feet high, this is the largest wooden trestle in the world and it’s tucked into a rugged desert canyon just a few hours from USC. The 16 mile hike weeds out all but the hardiest of hikers so if you’re down for a challenge, join us as we explore the secrets of the desert.
A brief tour of the Salton Sea & Salvation Mountain will happen on Friday too so get excited for that.
Meet: TroGro at 11am on Friday
Return: Saturday night 10PM-ish
Cost: Members: $85 Non-members: $105
- Valid Drivers License or a Passport and Visa if not a US citizen- will be driving thru border patrol checkpoints because this trip is located close to the Mexican border.
- warm clothes for chilly desert nights
- sturdy shoes for hiking 16 miles
- flashlight for the tunnels
- camera for the memories
- plates for the eating
- more details will be emailed out to y’all after you sign up