Start: 03/15/2014 End:03/23/2014
Activity: Backpacking, Hiking, Camping
Difficulty: Demanding. Please apply only if you have backpacking experience.
This is it: the Spring Break trip you have been waiting for. Join Georg and McKenzie for SC Outfitters’ longest and most ambitious trip to date! It’s going to be an absolutely once-in-a-lifetime journey. During this 9 day, 8 night excursion we will:
- road trip through 4 different states
- explore the depths of the Grand Canyon
- scale Zion’s most beautiful rock formation
- traverse the most photographed slot canyon in the world
- backpack through a Native American reservation to a pristine 90ft waterfall
We can personally guarantee you that no other trip you will take this semester will be as badass as this one (or offer as many Facebook profile picture opportunities). Apply today!
Meet: Meet at 8:00am outside TroGro (Starbucks). Transportation is provided.
Return: Back to USC late on Sunday.
Pre-Trip Meeting: Location and Time TBD.
Cost: $450. Same cost for non-members, but members have application priority.
- Large-capacity (70+ liters) backpack (we can help supply you with one if you don’t have one)
- Sleeping pad
- Warm (rated 20 degrees or below) sleeping bag (we can help supply you with one if you don’t have one)
- Waterproof boots
- Bowl with a closing lid and utensil
- Warm clothing (recommendations below)*
- Synthetic shirt for hiking in
- Fleece top
- Puffy outer jacket
- Warm beanie
- Wool thermals
- Pants/shorts to hike in
- Two pairs of socks (one to hike in, one to stay always dry in sleeping bag)
- Sun protection
- Rain protection
- Rain jacket
- Rain pants (optional, but not a bad idea)
- Trekking poles if you have bad knees
- Personal toiletries (no deodorant!)
- Capacity for 4 (IMPORTANT) liters of water (4 Nalgenes, 2 Nalgenes and a 2 liter bottle, etc.)
SC Outfitters will supply tarp-style tents, stoves, pots, meals/snacks, water purification, first aid, and all other items considered group gear.
*Because we’ll be hiking in a desert, temperatures throughout the day/night will vary greatly. Please be prepared to deal with a wide range of temperatures on the trip.