Activity: Membership Event
So personally I’ve always wanted to visit the La Brea Tar Pits and LACMA. And now I’m going to. You should come! We will be leaving USC around 2 PM on Friday (enough time to kick that hangover), and hopefully spend around 1-2 hours at both the Page Museum and the La Brea Tar Pits. This is what we can/might do:
- Explore plants from the last Ice Age in our Pleistocene Garden.
- Discover what an actual excavation site looks like at Pit 91.
- Come see the Columbian mammoth statues at our Lake Pit.
- Stop by Project 23 to watch our excavators (and if you can’t see them, you should be able to hear them chipping away!)
- Visit the Page Museum to experience fully articulated fossil exhibits of Ice Age animals discovered duringRancho La Brea excavations.
Then we’ll head on over to LACMA and spend about an hour there! Afterwards we’ll grab dinner somewhere (yet to be determined), but I promise it will be good and probably unique!
You should come! It’s going to be super chill and relaxed. We’ll be back on campus by 8 PM.