Start: 03/08/2018 End:02/15/2018
Activity: Backpacking, Hiking, Swimming, Eggsploring
Difficulty: 6 - There will be a lot of elevation change, backpacking 4-6 miles a day, possibilities of hiking in the rain, & watching Soolgi and Rachel attempt to drive Hana Highway!
Are you ready for the best week of your life? Cause like maybe it’ll be w/ Rachel and Soolgi on the Hawaii Spring Break trip. We will be hitting up one of America’s best island, Maui (WOWEEEE), for an amazing backpacking/outdoors experience that you will never forget.
Here’s what’s on the eggciting agenda:
- Arriving in OGG airport in Maui (fun!)
- Hitting the rental swagmobile #vanlife to go to HALEKALA NATL PARK
- Backpack for 4 days there and see amazing scenery from craters to weird rocks that looks like MARS (@elonmusk). Really unique and cool scenery that you can’t see elsewhere cause youre hiking on some old volcanoes!
- Then switch to the lush, beautiful Hawaii we dream of by driving the legendary Hana Road (google pics now) and see WATERFALLS, eat street-side coconuts, sleep on black sand beaches, swim in the clear blue ocean, decide to drop out of SC and live in Hawaii forever, etc. etc. etc.
- After exploring the lush beautiful side of Maui we will head back to LAX in time for you get back to the real world and finish homework for Monday classes 🙁
APPLY HERE: Take a risk and do something awesome you won’t forget! https://goo.gl/forms/REdU0Qv2Dc0RoHBp2
The trip cost include: Roundtrip tickets from LAX and OGG; rental cars and transportation on the island, permits and campsites, food and gear for the entire trip, fun times with Rach and Soogs!
Pre-Trip Meeting: Lots of Pre-trip Meetings!
What to bring:
- large-capacity (45+ L) backpacking pack (can provide)
- sleeping bag (can provide)
- sleeping pad (can provide)
- sturdy hiking boots
- comfortable hiking clothes
- synthetic shirt
- fleece layer
- 4+ pairs hiking socks
- rain jacket // rain pants // rain cover
- sun protection
- mess kit
- 3L capacity for water