Start: 05/04/2013 End:05/07/2013
Difficulty: Strenuous. Previous experience backpacking is a prerequisite for this trip.
Step up your game and come with us on this rigorous, 4-day backpacking trip on the beautiful Catalina Island. We’ll be backpacking across the island, from Avalon to Parsons Landing, about 50 miles. Catalina Island is particularly gorgeous in May, the wildflowers having just bloomed and the hills vividly green. Wildlife, like bison and eagles, roam the islands as well. This trip should be absolutely gorgeous, but extremely challenging. By the end though, you will have a great sense of pride in your achievement and a collection of incredible photos and memories.
Meet: Meet at 5:45a outside TroGro/Birnkrant/Starbucks
Return: Back at USC by 7:00p on Tuesday
Pre-Trip Meeting: Wednesday, May 1st at 8:00p at the VKC arches
- Hiking pack (not just a typical backpack)
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad / Thermarest
- Water Bottles (at least 3L)
- Hiking boots or VERY sturdy shoes
- Eatery (like tupperware/plate/bowl and fork)
- Extra clothes (warm layers, rain gear?)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, lip balm, sunscreen, meds, etc.